Shelterbelts & Eco-buffers

Shelterbelt Picture.jpg
Funding can be obtained from the Canadian Agricultural Partnership if the applicant meets the following criteria:
• You must be an active farmer operating in Alberta,
  • Active farmer definition: An individual or a registered corporation responsible for the day-to-day management and work on the farm, including responsibility for input costs for agricultural crops or livestock producing at least $10,000 worth of farm commodities annually, but does not include a landlord whose only interest in the crop or livestock is that of ownership of the land.

• You must have a current Alberta Environmental Farm Plan (EFP). To be current, an EFP needs to have been completed in the last ten years, and
• You must submit a copy of your EFP Certificate or Letter of Completion along with your application or reimbursement forms.

For more details on Catagory C, Shelterbelts and Eco-buffers (304) funding, please click here.

 The following booklets will assist in your planning process:
The Agroforestry and Woodlot Extension Society also has shelterbelt and eco-buffer materials on their website.

Please click here to view a partial listing of Shelterbelt tree suppliers in central Alberta.

For application process please contact:  Kim Barkwell, Sustainable Agriculture Coordinator for assistance.