Third Party Requests
The County of Wetaskiwin requires all third parties to obtain approval for crossing, encroaching and working in proximity to County infrastructure including:
- Developed and undeveloped road allowances
- Registered County right of ways including drainage ditches
- County utilities (water & sewer)
- Submit letter of request outlining work being done along with a detailed drawing or survey plan to PWAdmin@county10.ca
- RUSH requests are accepted; turnaround time is within 72 hours.
- Fees are charged according to the Fees and Charges Bylaw 2018/36 (Schedule B)
County of Wetaskiwin Standards
Third Party High Pressure Pipeline crossing or in proximity to road allowances and registered right of ways
14-100 Pipeline Crossing Standard
Third Party Utility crossing or in proximity to road allowances and registered right of ways
Utility is defined as low pressure distribution gas pipeline, overhead or underground powerline, water line, sewer line, fibre optic line, telecommunication or telephone land line
- 14-101 Utility Installation – Urban Standard Detail (Hamlets and high density subdivisions)
- 14-102 Utility Installation – Rural Standard Detail
All Third Parties crossing or working in proximity to County of Wetaskiwin water & sewer infrastructure
- The minimum clearance from any buried sanitary or potable water line shall be 0.5 metres.
- Within public right-of-way, the minimum setback from any above ground sanitary or potable water appurtenance shall be 5 metres. An exception to a 5 metre setback is acceptable where conditions do not allow for separation, further detailed on the Plans.