Road Use Agreements

Road infrastructure in the County of Wetaskiwin is intended for public use and the County of Wetaskiwin recognizes that business and industry (resource/extraction) rely upon road infrastructure. At times, demands placed upon roads by truck traffic often exceed the capacity of the roads, which can damage the roadway and render it unsafe.

As of June 1, 2023, Roadata Services is now providing Road Use Agreements on behalf of the County of Wetaskiwin. Please contact Roadata Services directly at or 1-888-830-7623.

County of Wetaskiwin’s Road Use Agreement Policy is aimed at preserving road infrastructure while minimizing publicly-funded maintenance costs and protecting the safety of all road users. Therefore, Road Use Agreements are required from business and industry (resource/extraction) that create traffic loads with a potential of causing damage to our roads. The County monitors these roads and ensures that Road Use Agreements are enforced to prevent problems that may arise such as road damage.

Contact Us

  1. Public Works

    Admin Assistant

    Phone: 780-361-6221

    Staff Directory

  1. Ag Commodity
  2. Concrete Pumpers
  3. Fiber Optic
  4. Gravel, Sand or Shale Pits
  5. Industry (Resource/ Extraction)
  6. Log Haul
  7. Septic (Sewage) Hauler
  8. Water Well Drillers

Agricultural producers (including commercial manure hauler) can travel at 90% legal axle weights on roads that are restricted to a 75% spring road ban without obtaining a permit as per the Road Protection By-Law, Section 6.0 Exemptions, Item 6.6.

Agricultural producers wanting to travel above the 90% legal axle weights will be required to sign a Road Use Agreement & obtain a permit from Roadata Services (888-830-7623).