Solid Waste (Garbage) Collection
Solid Waste Pick-up Schedule & Guidelines
- Hamlets of Buck Lake and Alder Flats (Mondays) Effective January 1, 2020, collection day has moved back to Monday. Waste will be collected on Statutory Holiday Mondays.
- Hamlet of Westerose (Mondays)
- Viola Beach, Beachside Estates, Woodwind Estates (Mondays)
- Hamlet of Gwynne (Tuesdays)
- Curilane Beach and Lakeland Estates (Tuesdays)
- Hamlet of Mulhurst Bay (Tuesdays)
- Hamlet of Winfield (Tuesdays)
Solid Waste Collection Fees
All lots defined as Residential Premises are eligible for waste collection and will be charged a monthly collection fee.
Effective January 1, 2020, the collection fee has been increased to $20.50 per month, billed bi-monthly as per the Fees & Charges Bylaw 2020/08. The fee has increased significantly from $12.50 per month to $20.50 per month. The increased fee reflects the County’s decision to contract all residential waste collection to third party providers. As a result, the full cost of the waste collection program is being passed onto all customers receiving the service. Please note that the new fee is still considered reasonable for the service received and is comparable to neighbouring communities that offer similar waste collection services.Accounts receivable invoices will be sent out every second month according to the utility billing schedule.
For billing inquiries contact Utility Clerk, Sheila Suetta at 780-352-3321 or by email.