Recreational Units (RVs)

In certain areas within the County of Wetaskiwin, property owners have the flexibility to place a Recreational Unit (RU) on their lot without needing a development permit. However, it's important to note that this provision varies across different districts. 

A Recreational Unit is defined as a mobile structure designed for temporary living spaces. This category includes various types of units such as:

  • Holiday Trailers
  • Tents and Tent Trailers
  • Fifth-Wheel Trailers
  • Truck Campers
  • Motor Homes
  • Park Model Trailers
  • Yurts

Additionally, it encompasses any recreational structure that does not conform to Part 9 of the Alberta Building Code.

For comprehensive details on the regulations surrounding Recreational Units, we encourage residents and property owners to refer to Section 3.12 (Recreational Units) of the Land Use Bylaw 2017/48. This section provides in-depth information and any additional definitions that might be helpful.

View All