Safety Codes Permits

Why Do I Need a Building Permit?

Once you've obtained a development permit from the County, building permits, electrical permits, gas permits, plumbing permits and sewage permits must be obtained through Superior Safety Codes Agency Inc. 

In the interest of public safety and as required by the Provincial Safety Codes Act, all building installations require a Building Permit and are subject to appropriate inspections. Building permits are required for the construction, alteration, repair, relocation, demolition or change of occupancy for any building. Permits must be obtained prior to commencement of construction.

Alberta Safety Codes Act

Alberta Municipal Affairs regulates the Alberta Safety Codes Act.

Sole Source Contract - Superior Safety Codes Inc.

Council has awarded a sole source contract to Superior Safety Codes Inc. for building, electrical, gas and plumbing Safety Code services in the County of Wetaskiwin for permits. Final accreditation with the Alberta Safety Codes Council and approval of final agreements was finalized on April 1, 2015. This contact was renewed in 2021 for another three year term.