Interested in Volunteering?
Are you interested in volunteering to help people in your community? Victim Services welcomes your interest! Think about the difference you can make in someone's life. Contact Victim Services at 780-312-7287, or visit their website
Advocates provide information, support, and referral in regards to:
Role of a Volunteer Advocate
- Court support and accompaniment
- Justice system information and assistance
- Practical and emotional support
- Referral to community links
- Victim Impact Statement
Victim Services has a variety of volunteer positions including court support, in office out reach and direct crisis intervention.
- Advocates must be able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Advocates take turns being on call for five shifts each month.
- All required training is provided.
- Choice of shifts, day or night.
- Minimum 1 year commitment required.
- Participate in fundraising and public awareness events.
- Pass and maintain RCMP enhanced security clearance.
- Work in terms of 2, Safety is foremost.