The County of Wetaskiwin is pleased to announce the construction of a new road project. On November 29th, 2022, County of Wetaskiwin Council passed a resolution directing Administration to construct a new County road on the road allowance TWP 472 from Hwy 22 west, approximately 2.2 miles. This project has been undertaken to address the transportation and development needs of our community and to ensure efficient and convenient travel for both residents and visitors.
We understand that construction projects can cause temporary inconvenience, and we want to assure you that every effort will be made to minimize disruptions during the construction process. Our team will work diligently to complete the project in a timely manner.
Here are the key details and projected timelines for the new project:
- Project Start Date: Summer 2023
- The survey and design phase of the project will commence.
- Brushing Start Date: Fall 2023
- The removal of vegetation will commence to allow for further survey, finalizing designs, and for the construction phase to begin.
- Tender Date: Spring 2024
- The county will put out for tender the construction of the road.
- Construction Start Date: Summer 2024
- The construction of the road will begin.
- Projected Completion Date: Fall 2024
- We anticipate completing the road construction in the fall of 2024, weather and unforeseen circumstances permitting.
- This project will be funded totally from our Clearwater Reserve, a fund used solely for roads leading to and from Clearwater County.
- On the road allowance TWP 472 from Hwy 22 west, approximately 2.2 miles.
We firmly believe that this new road construction project will bring significant benefits to our municipality, improving connectivity, and improving economic growth. Should you have any questions, concerns, or require further information about the project, please contact our Public Works call center at 780-361-6241. Our team is ready to assist you and address any queries you may have.