Effective Tuesday, May 30, 2023, at 10:00 AM, the County of Wetaskiwin is reducing the TOTAL FIRE BAN to a FIRE RESTRICTION.
This Fire Restriction includes:
All existing FIRE PERMITS are SUSPENDED and prohibits the issuance of any new permits. All existing open burns must be extinguished.
Prohibits the discharge of FIRE WORKS.
The following are PERMITTED during this Fire Restriction:
- burning barrels equipped with a metal mesh screen;
- safe wood campfires in approved fire pits on private lands and in campgrounds;
- portable propane fire pits;
- gas or propane stoves and barbeques, including briquettes;
- catalytic or infrared style heaters.
Off-Highway Vehicles can start wildfires – check frequently to ensure hotspots are free of debris, and make sure mufflers and spark arrestors are working properly.
Never leave a campfire unattended. Soak it, stir it and soak it again until cool to the touch to ensure it is extinguished.
This Fire Restriction will remain in effect until further notice.