The County of Wetaskiwin has received an application to amend the Land Use Bylaw 2017/48 and that Public Hearing has been scheduled at 9:45 a.m. on April 19, 2022 to review the following proposed amendment for Land Use Bylaw 2017/48:
- 1.2 Definitions - Adding "Cannabis means cannabis plants, fresh cannabis, dried cannabis, cannabis oils and cannabis plant seed and any other substance defined as cannabis in the Cannabis Act (Canada) and its regulations, as amended from time to time."
- 1.2 Definitions - Adding "Cannabis Retail Store means the use of a building or a portion of a building that has all necessary Provincial licenses and approvals in place, where all types of Cannabis and its derivative Cannabis products, as defined by the Alberta Gaming and Cannabis Act are stored and offered for sale at retail prices and includes storage of Cannabis products within the premises in quantities sufficient only to service the store. This does not include Cannabis Accessory Stores, Cannabis Storage and Distribution Facilities or Cannabis Production Facilities. "
- 1.2 Definitions - Adding to Convenience Store ..."Cannabis Retail Store is not included within this definition."
- 1.2 Definitions - Adding to Retail Store ..."does not included... Cannabis Retails Store."
- 9.14.1 Parking and Loading — Adding "Cannabis Retail Store—Below 2,000.0 m2 GFA: 2.2 per 100.0 m2; 2,000 to 20,000.0 m2 GFA: 3.2 per 100.0 m2; or Above 20,000.0 m2 GFA: 4.3 per 100.0m2
- 10.13 Rural Commercial District
- a. 10.13.3 Discretionary Uses — Adding "gg) Cannabis Retail Store"
The hearing will be held in the Council Chambers, County Office, 2.4 kilometres west of Wetaskiwin on Highway 13, at 9:45 a.m., Tuesday, April 19, 2022.
In accordance with the Municipal Government Act, members of the public have the right to attend the meetings in person. However, communication can be through alternative methods such as email, mailed correspondence, fax or otherwise, rather than public attending the meeting in person. This will ensure that the information is presented to Council at or before the meeting and will also ensure the health and safety of all members of the public and County Staff.
For individuals wishing to attend virtually for the aforementioned Council Meetings, please contact Jeff Chipley, Assistant CAO, at 780-387-6043 (cell) or email in order to make arrangements prior to start of the meeting.