After deliberation and resolution by Council at the September 28, 2021 Council General Meeting, the Winfield Arena will remain open as per the recent regulations from the Government of Alberta for the following age groups:
Provincial Guidelines - Youth (Under 18) Sport, Fitness, and Performance Activities
- Indoor group classes, training, and competitions are permitted, but participants are required to:
- screen for symptoms
- maintain 2 metres distancing, except youth while engaged in physical activity
- wear a mask, except youth while engaged in physical activity
- Spectator attendance is restricted to 1/3 fire code capacity, attendees are limited to a single household or 2 close contacts if living alone and must be masked and maintain 2 metres physical distancing.
- Midget hockey players (18-plus) must adhere to the Guidelines below.
In keeping with the provincial health guidelines and requirements for youth sport (under 18), visitors at the Winfield Arena are required to use available hand sanitizer, wear masks at all times, and physically distance themselves from those in other households for a minimum of 2 metres, unless they are on the ice.
Adult (18 plus) Sport, Fitness and Performance Activities
Further, on September 28, 2021, Council approved implementing the “Restrictions Exemptions Program” for Adult user groups using the Winfield Arena.
In order for anyone 18 years of age or older to participate in recreational activities at the Winfield Arena, they must follow the government issued “Restrictions Exemptions Program”.
The Provincial mandate states:
“Vaccine-eligible individuals will be required to provide government-issued proof of immunization, medical exemption or a negative privately paid COVID-19 test from within the previous 72 hours to access a variety of participating social, recreational, and discretionary events and businesses throughout the Province.”
As this is a Provincial Regulation, the County expects all visitors to respectfully adhere to the above. The County will work with all Adult user groups to ensure that there is a smooth transition in implementing the new Provincial regulations.
As part of the County of Wetaskiwin’s No. 10 commitment to safety for all guests and staff, the County asks you follow the Provincial Regulations. Please continue to treat each other and staff with kindness and respect. The County appreciates your patience, cooperation and understanding.