We are currently working to improve reliability of our electrical distribution system in the Wetaskiwin County, east of Falun. Beginning in June, we will be replacing FortisAlberta owned overhead power poles and wires that are reaching the end of their lifecycle. Upgrades will take place between Township Road 470 and Highway 611 and between Highway 795 and Highway 2.
For the safety of our employees and contractors, these upgrades will require short power outages affecting some residents. Directly impacted residents will be notified of any planned power outages required 72 hours in advance.
We appreciate your patience during construction and attention to restricted parking areas and our workers and work sites. If you have questions or concerns about this project, please call us at 310-WIRE (9473).
FORTISALBERTA IS UPGRADING POWER LINES IN PARTS OF WETASKIWIN COUNTY, EAST OF FALUN:
- To improve the reliability of electricity service, FortisAlberta will be performing overhead powerline upgrades impacting some areas of Wetaskiwin County, east of Falun. This project will involve replacing FortisAlberta owned overhead power poles and wires that are reaching their end-of-life cycle and will take place between Township Road 470 and Highway 611 and between Highway 795 and Highway 2.
- Construction is set to begin in June and should wrap up, weather permitting at the end of September.
- During this time, FortisAlberta will replace a significant portion of the existing overhead equipment and overhead power poles and primary wires due to each reaching the end of their life cycle.
- This project will involve surveying, brushing, construction including traffic control, and hydrovac.
- Directly impacted customers will be notified in advance by way of a delivered letter.
- There will be some necessary power outages that will be scheduled during the weekday and impacted customers will be notified by phone at least 72 hours in advance.
- FortisAlberta is taking the necessary actions and precautions, including social distancing to protect the health of its employees and ensure its ability to continue to provide safe and reliable service for our customers during COVID-19.
- Residents impacted are asked to use caution around equipment and workers and when walking around trenches and piles of soil and rock.
- FortisAlberta thanks its customers for their patience and cooperation as we work to ensure we are providing the most reliable electricity service that we can. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- If customers have any issues or concerns, please feel free to call us at 310-WIRE (9473).