The County of Wetaskiwin has a variety of ways you can stay up to date on events and information from the County. In an effort to increase communication, the County has refreshed our Notify Me categories on our website. Through Notify Me residents can sign up to receive a variety of notifications via email or text message. The County has recently added new categories to the News Flash section including, agricultural news, community events, Council highlights and Utility updates. Council highlights provides a short summary of Council meetings. Utilities provides information on water, sewer and garbage collection in County Hamlets and subdivisions.
Below is a list of categories residents can gain access to:
- Alerts (Emergency, Fire Bans, Road Bans, Road Closures)
- Bid Postings (Tender Opportunities)
- Calendar Updates (Agricultural Workshops, Community Events, Council Meetings)
- Job Postings
- News Flashes (Agriculture, Community Events, Council Highlights, General News, County Projects, Newsletter, Utility Updates)
If you have already signed up for County notifications please login to select Agriculture, Community Events, Council Highlights and Utilities, as these are new categories you can now subscribe to. If you require assistance signing up for notifications, please contact the County’s Communication Officer at 780-361-6220 or email.
Other ways to connect with the County:
- County Website
- County Facebook Page
- Spring and Fall Newsletters
- Annual Information Flyer (mailed with Transfer Station Cards)
- County Pages in the Pipestone Flyer
- Wetaskiwin and Buck Lake Open Houses
- Public Engagements.
Read Complete News Release