Update: March 17, 2020 (3:30 PM)
County buildings closed to the public. See News Release below.
Update: March 17, 2020 (a.m.)
Public Libraries Services Branch (PLSB), advised March 16, 2020, that all Libraries in the Province of Alberta, including the ones that serve the County of Wetaskiwin, shall be closed to the public immediately if they have not been already.
Update: March 16, 2020
The County of Wetaskiwin Emergency Coordination Center (ECC) has been opened to monitor all situations and Provincial/Federal announcements, as is the case with numerous neighboring municipalities. We have taken the following steps:
- Our staff have been directed to do a mandatory 14-day self isolation for anyone returning from a trip or who has been in contact with anyone who has shown symptoms of the COVID-19 virus (fever, cold, cough or respiratory issues).
- Homemaking services and Medical Transportation have been suspended for at least 14 days. Clients are urged to call the appropriate party for emergent issues such as need for medical supplies.
- There shall be no personal attendance by County of Wetaskiwin staff for out of office meetings not related to an essential service.
- The deadline for grant applications for Recreation/FCSS programs will be extended if necessary.
- All salespeople visitations to County of Wetaskiwin buildings shall be prohibited until further notice.
- The Winfield Agriplex (including the Ag Society) has been closed.
- We highly recommend all community groups and libraries follow the same guidelines.
Administration will be monitoring the situation and will re-evaluate all circumstances as information becomes available. For the most up to date information go to the link on our website or www.alberta.ca/covid19.