Update: March 16, 2020
The County of Wetaskiwin Emergency Coordination Center (ECC) has been opened to monitor all situations and Provincial/Federal announcements, as is the case with numerous neighboring municipalities. We have taken the following steps:
- Our staff have been directed to do a mandatory 14-day self isolation for anyone returning from a trip or who has been in contact with anyone who has shown symptoms of the COVID-19 virus (fever, cold, cough or respiratory issues).
- Homemaking services and Medical Transportation have been suspended for at least 14 days. Clients are urged to call the appropriate party for emergent issues such as need for medical supplies.
- There shall be no personal attendance by County of Wetaskiwin staff for out of office meetings not related to an essential service.
- The deadline for grant applications for Recreation/FCSS programs will be extended if necessary.
- All salespeople visitations to County of Wetaskiwin buildings shall be prohibited until further notice.
- The Winfield Agriplex (including the Ag Society) has been closed.
- We highly recommend all community groups and libraries follow the same guidelines.
Administration will be monitoring the situation and will re-evaluate all circumstances as information becomes available. For the most up to date information go to the link on our website or www.alberta.ca/covid19.