Accessing your Property Tax Information
Wanting to view your current and historical tax information? Want to see if you tax payment has been applied? You can access your accounts online via our County website.
The property tax each resident pays is calculated in proportion to the value of the real estate property they own. Determining the value of a property for taxation purposes is known as assessment. Assessed values are a means of fairly distributing the county tax burden and ensuring that each property owner pays a fair and equitable level of tax.
Property Tax Penalties
Receipts are posted on the date the payment is received at our office. Penalties are applied after the following dates:
- 6% penalty on current balance only after August 31st.
- 7% penalty on total outstanding balance after December 31st.
Tax Penalty Bylaw 2020/52
Notes of Interest
- The taxation year runs from January to December.
- Annual property assessment/tax notices are mailed out each year by the end of May or beginning of June.
- Payment is due by the end of August.
- The County of Wetaskiwin collects funds on your annual tax bill for the Alberta Education Fund.