The County of Wetaskiwin utilizes contracted kennel/vet facilities to provide temporary shelter for dogs found at-large in the County. We are seeking organizations and/or individuals who would be interested in submitting a proposal to provide this service.
The contracted kennel should be able to house approximately 3-8 dogs a month. Some of the services that we require the contracted kennel to provide are:
- Temporary shelter for at-large dogs found in the County.
- After hours access to the facility for bylaw officers, for dogs are caught on weekends, holidays, and after hours.
- Veterinary assistance for injured dogs.
- Unclaimed dogs may be placed up for adoption.
- Dogs who are unsuitable for adoption, or in circumstances where the animal is in critical distress, will be humanely euthanized.
Interested businesses are requested to submit request for proposal by 4:00pm, February 14, 2023.