Alberta Health Services has released the following information for Homebound Individuals:
- Starting March 29, AHS will begin providing COVID-19 immunization to homebound Albertans, as vaccine supply allows.
- Homebound is defined as anyone who is physically unable to leave their home, such as for medical or personal appointments.
- AHS will reach out to eligible Home Care clients directly in the coming weeks. You do not need to book an appointment.
- If you have questions about your eligibility, or the COVID-19 vaccine, please reach out to your case manager directly.
- If you think you are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine at home but you are not a Home Care client, please call Health Link at 811.
- Health Link staff will do an initial screening to check your eligibility. The Zone teams will then follow up with you to do a second eligibility check and book your COVID-19 immunization.
- Only homebound individuals are eligible to be immunized through this program, at this time.
- We encourage caregivers, spouses, other household and family members to get immunized as soon as they are eligible, at a participating pharmacy or AHS immunization site.