Upcoming/ Potential Local Improvements
In August, the County held three Open House presentations for proposed local improvements in various County subdivisions. At these Open Houses, details of each project were provided and property owners had to opportunity to engage in a question and answer session with representatives from the County and from MPE Engineering.
The next step for these proposed local improvements is the collection of signatures. In accordance with the Municipal Government Act, signatures are needed from 2/3 of property owners within a proposed local improvement area for a petition to be valid. These signatures have to be collected within sixty (60) days of the first signature.
The following subdivisions received the required number of signatures and have been approved for next steps by Council:
- Grandview Meadows (12/16 signatures, plan approved by Council on October 13, 2020)
The following subdivisions did not receive the required number of signatures before the deadline, and will be discussed by Council on October 27, 2020.
- Patterson Estates (8/26 valid signatures received)
- Village West (9/49 valid signatures received)
- Woodfield Estates (6/29 valid signatures received)
The following subdivisions have proposed local improvements with outstanding deadlines:
- Antler Ridge (0/13, 9 more signatures needed, no deadline yet)
- Aspen Acres (3/17, 9 more signatures needed, deadline: November 14)
- Highland Estates (3/20, 11 more signatures needed, deadline: November 11)
The following is a list of Frequently Asked Questions related to these local improvements (please note: questions relating to pump packages and installation costs DO NOT apply to Antler Ridge or Village West): Local Improvement Frequently Asked Questions
For documents related to each Open House, please see the links below.